If you’ve paid any attention at all to this blog, you have already realized that mood, inspiration, and vision boards are a big part of my life. For setting weekly moods, for planning specific projects, and/or for life-goal visualizations; I make them ALL THE TIME.
I think all those boards are very important for very different reasons, but I think probably the most important of all is the VISION BOARD.
What is a Vision Board, you ask?
A vision board is a tool you use to visualize all the things you want in life. It’s a symbolic materialization of your hopes and dreams, and can include pretty much anything you want.
The most important thing when making one is the feeling it gives you: It should make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you look at it, at the same time that it needs to motivate you to go after all those things you put on it.
It is a motivational and inspirational tool that should remind you what you’re trying to do, or why you’re doing what you’re doing.
How do you make one?
Well, the most honest answer is: However you’d like to.
Need a little more guidance?
Okay, here are some pointers to get you started:
- Your board (or boards) can be digital or made of whatever material you wish (I like magnetic and cork boards best).
- Start by making a list of all the things that make you happy, and those you wish you had in your life. Anything, no matter how crazy, goes.
- Don’t be too literal, by “things” I not only mean a house or a Chanel bag (although those are ok, too), include also such things as friendship, personal growth, contentedness, and such.
- Find images that match or represent all those wonderful things you added to your list. Remember images can be symbolic, too, and it’s only you who has to understand what each item means.
- It is ok (in fact, I find it pretty awesome) to add some text in the form of power words or even quotes.
- Put everything together in a way that looks aesthetically pleasing to you (remember this is for YOU and you alone).
- Hang it in a place where you’ll see it every day.
- Watch the magic happen :)
Let me know if you have any questions, and share pics of what you make if you feel like it! I’d love to see your shiny new vision boards!